Monday 27 February 2012

Gorge Walk by Alex A

What an amazing day! Group 9 went for an amazing but fun gorge walk. I started by getting my waterproofs on and also a yellow and red helmet. Then about 15 minutes after that we were in the minibus. While I was waiting I was playing football with Fredi. Then later on when everyone else was ready we got on the minibus. It took us 20 minutes to get there but it was worth it.

When we got out of the minibus we walked into a very, very big graveyard. And about 10 minutes after that we arrived at the gorge.

Eventually we got into the gorge and began to climb. When we started to get higher it got colder and wetter. After a while, we got to about the middle then we had to climb up a steep, rocky waterfall and we had to find lots of gaps in the wall to help us hold on. There was also a rope for us to use. I didn't use it but when I got near to the top I slipped and banged my knee on a rock.

Near the top was fun as we got to go in the 'Keyhole'. I was the first person to go through and it was amazing! I was soaking went. After it I couldn't wait to get back to the minibus as there was so much water in my boots.

1 comment: