Wednesday 29 February 2012

High ropes by Charlie


Today,me and the rest of group 1, went to the high and low ropes course.The ropes course was about a minutes walk from the centre so we didn't need a mini-bus to get there.

When we got there we put on our harnesses and Scrutts (our instructor) explained the challenges.The Postmans walk is a thin wire,you have to walk along, holding on to another wire above you,then climb up a ladder and do the same. Also there is the cat-walk,there are two long beams that you have to walk along. When it is wet it is very slippery! Last (and the best of all) there was the trapeze,it is a big pole with a pizza box sized platform and a bar hanging In front of you. Two people climb to the top and stand on the platform. You have to jump at the same time and hang from the bar.

Next we split up into groups,I went for the postman's walk when it was my turn. I was doing well until I got to the top and nearly fell,but I made it without falling. After that we had hot chocolate and I waited until it was my turn on the Trapeze. I went up with Thomas.

When I was at the top of the pole it was shaking crazily because Thomas was climbing up,and when he reached the top I nearly fell off but I didn't!!!

We counted down and jumped at the same time and we both caught the bar!

When we got back on the ground we made our way back for lunch. What a wonderful day with group 1.

1 comment:

  1. WICKED BLOG CHAZZA! ONE OF THE BEST
    SO GOOD PLEASE MAY YOU WRITE ANOTHER
    ONE!
    FROM ALEX H (AL AL)

    ReplyDelete