Monday 27 February 2012

Gorge walk by Thomas


Today we went on the gorge walk and it was freezing! At the centre we were told to wear our red water proofs. I managed to stay dry for the first part of it but in the end I was soaked!

When we got there we crawled under a fallen down tree and climbed for a while. Then we went to the 'keyhole'. I crawled through it's gushing ice cold water and got completely soaked. It was fun but I was freezing by the time I got through it. It was worth it though.

After a while we got to the 'Rock of Africa'. (the rock of africa is a rock shaped like Africa that you can slide under). Me and Ben were the only ones who didn't go under it. Everybody who went under it was freezing (so I am glad I didn't). After that we climbed up a big rocky waterfall. There was a rope you could use but I decided not to. We kept climbing until we got to the end. Then we got a choice of if we wanted to slide down a waterfall. I chose to do it and was glad I did because it was so much fun.

When we got back to the centre we were all freezing cold and could hardly move!

1 comment: