Wednesday 8 February 2012

Caving with group 4









Group 4 treated me to verses and verses of a song on the minibus this morning. I guess I started it by singing one of my favourite songs 'three blind jellyfish' when I got on the bus. We stopped at the side of Loch Etieve and began a climb up the hill and into the forest. Chris told us that one clearing that we stood in used to be used as a charcoal pit and that the charcoal was taken over the hills on donkeys to be used as part of the steel making process. Chris took us to the mouth of a cave where we were treated to some hot chocolate before being lowered by harnass into the cave. We wore special helmets with head torches and had a fantastic underground adventure. The group 4 adventurers are: Gresz, Fredi, Adam, Joseph B, Isla, Olivia, Bea, Ellie, Katie and Reina. Check out our cool gear. Ms French






4 comments:

  1. Hey Group 4...Did you find any gold? If you did, then you could buy Benmore, and continue the adventure all year round! Just a small incentive to keep up the caving, which does look like fun. Although I think that I prefer the climbing to be perfectly honest. How did you like the harness ride into the cave? Sounds a bit spooky. You are all very lucky to have Ms French to look after you, so please continue with the songs to keep her happy. Keep up the adventure, we are loving reading about it. Hugs. Den XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling jealous! Looks like you are having a great time group 4 and you are all very brave.. think I would be too scared to go caving!

    I hope you're keeping a wee diary of all your experiences Ellie, I'm looking forward to a detailed report of your Benmore adventures when you get back .... and have had a good bath! :)) Love mummy X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Group 4, that sounds and looks exciting and adventurous, did you sing in the cave as well? Thanks so much for keeping us updated! Joachim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Group 4. That sounds and looks exciting and adventurous. Did you sing in the cave as well? Thanks so much for keeping us updated! Have a wonderful time. Joachim

    ReplyDelete